Rainbow Shoes

My rant, my banter, my cynical view, my loving words.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

hard day

today must be the most hardworking and productive day spent in the lab for me ever. from 9 am i've started to work on my paper, skipping breakfast and lunch, surviving on Arnott's Scotchfingers and tapwater. luckily due to my excellent self control and devoted concentration, i've got everything finished and even got some time to read some more of da hua's blog. he is truly an amazing figure. Tummy rumbling and going to toilet every 20 minutes, i've managed to get all done, polished up and squeezed into 5 precious double column pages while my feet stink like hell. finishing a paper is sort of like climbing a mountain, two aspects of it you can cherish: the climbing and the top. While writing, the enjoyment is constantly improving your writing and knowing that you did a little bit better than last draft. a discovery of the right word to use and a reformatting that make the paper more pleasing to the eye, everything is constantly improving. while the finishing just feels great, lying in front of you is a finished product with your sweat and blood (ok that exaggerated a bit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home