Rainbow Shoes

My rant, my banter, my cynical view, my loving words.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Moviejournal: arbitrage, pirates of silicon valley

arbitrage is a film i calendared to download, which says something about my expectations. Forget where i first saw its review, must thought it's a close to real life depiction of Madoff-ish crashing down of some pseudo real financial firm. but it end up being a film much about the man (Richard Gere)'s self moral journal ( or lack of moral) more than anything.

pirates of silicon valley draws a vivid picture of early computer pioneers and their loots in the unknown and free space that is the pc industry now in decline. probably has similarities to any big adventure into the unknown in history past (the sea exploration of 1700s, gold rush of 1800s, automobile in 1900s, internet in post 2000s). few brave and fortunate souls get to be the shining star of the decade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home