Rainbow Shoes

My rant, my banter, my cynical view, my loving words.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Last working day at GU

My last day at GU today. still had to do delivery chore in the morning. The cue chic is sexy as ever, chubby and curvy. enjoyed talking to her as usual. ITa gig was a blast right until the testing stage, substring, split and == really bugs me, but i fully understand them now. i don't think i got that gig. the team leader looked at me with a weird sensation as if i'm some sort of alter ego hippy who can talk but cannot do. the software architecture and project manager dude was happy as a pig in mud with me. arvo. swiftly changed into casual wear in my swift. t shirt and jeans. spend most of the afternoon writing instructions and revised review draft and burned to cd for dr. gao. handed to him personally before he's gone, so an era ended, another era started. while the departure is keenly anticipated by moiself for months, the actual event brings about mixed emotions about the lab, the uni and my career. the future is a treatrerous one, laced with unknown choices, unknown people and foreign culture. forty said, "be yourself" maybe that's the best way to deal with all these newness.

so my careeer path at this point looks like below:

  • work a year at the new job to: 1. gain programming proficiency, 2. gain industry experience about software process 3. better communication and teamwork skills
  • move to a senior position either internally or externally. move towards project management and business analyst. deal with people instead of purely machine.
  • endeavour to gain success in real estate, trading market and professional job, retire at 40.

i do still desire the PHD degree, partly because at this point it looks unlikely to get the MPhil. so i'll still try to get stuff published.


and this is on the way to my business analyst goal, but which business and what to analyse is still yet to be determined.

(after a beer) to the horizon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home