Rainbow Shoes

My rant, my banter, my cynical view, my loving words.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Moviejournal: Ratatouille

Rarely do i watch a film twice, even more rare is the film that make me watch twice the camshot version. Thankfully, Ratatouille is just such a film. Making me watch the camshot version twice speak volumnes about how good the story is, it's warm, funny and full of heart, the most unexpected combination of rat and courmet food. The beauty of the film presents itself in its vivid portray of how the best food is made: daring, brave, and courageous chefs bringing out the best in themselves. Pixar has indeed done it again in flying colour and brilliance, animations such as over the hedge and hunting season pales in comparison to its standard of quality. I was a huge fan of pixar, now i guess i'm even more in love with them. The marriage with disney has not tainted their creativity in a bad way, only to nourish more detail and quality into their productions. absolutely sweet. i'll be eagerly awaiting for its DVD release. i might even watch it again in cinemas.