Rainbow Shoes

My rant, my banter, my cynical view, my loving words.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Moviejournal: stomp the yard

first and foremost: blacks enrich our lives. once again: black enrich our lives. lets all sing together: blacks enrich our lives. Now, with that entrenched in your psyche, we can start to talk about films live stomp the yard which isn't great in its own right, but reflect aspects of our popular culture that is constatnly being pushed forward by blacks. their exuberance, their strength, their sense of rythm, and love of music have never ceased to amaze me. while stomp the yard follows a mediocre story line evey by early 80's standards, it's an entertaining film nonetheless. it won't win any oscars, but hey that's not the point. as far as dance films go, it's decent. maybe not as good as 8 miles, though.